Welcome to the website of the DGfMM!
Mrs. Dagmar Segert
phone.: 0511 – 270 64 114
fax: 0511 – 952 56 03
email: geschaeftsstelle @ dgfmm.org
The DGfMM does not serve as a platform for promoting single members and their concepts or therapies. Patients suffering from music-related disorders can however achieve information on physicians and therapists specialized in music physiology and musicians` medicine by contacting the DGfMM Office.
- Commitment to scientific-oriented public relations.
- Publication of the practice-orientated scientific journal "Musikphysiologie und Musikermedizin", serving as the Association’s organ.
- Scientific conferences and symposia on a regular basis.
- Extending the close cooperation with performing arts centres, professional orchestras and musical trainee-institutions (music schools, conservatories, music universities) as well as with other performing artists and their institutions.
- Emphasizing an interdisciplinary cooperation of those, who participate in the training and professional company of musicians, like instrumental and vocal teachers, occupational scientists, manufacturers of musical instruments, physicians, dentists, psychotherapists, physical therapists, Alexander teachers, Feldenkrais teachers and mediators of other, similar therapies.
- Improving preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic measures.
- Promoting science, research and teaching concerning the physiology and pathophysiology of music performance as well as pathological and clinical aspects of physical and psychological diseases in musicians.